Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (collectively, hereinafter referred to as the "Terms") govern your access to and use of the website, [www.redbus.sg ] and mobile applications that link to or reference these Terms ("Website"). Further, the Website is operated by IBIBO Group Pte Limited ("Redbus").
Please read these Terms carefully before using Website, which is an online marketplace. Further, for the purpose of clarity, it is hereby stated that Website is not engaged in providing any services by itself but is a platform, which merely connects the business to customers.
These Terms are an electronic record in terms of the applicable legislation. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures. By using the Website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
The Users of the Website shall be deemed to have read, understood and expressly accepted these Terms, which shall govern the desired transaction of bus ticket booking/hotel reservations through the Website for all purposes, and shall be binding on the User. All rights and liabilities of the User and/or Website with respect to use of Website and availing bus ticket booking/hotel reservation facility ("Facility") provided by Website shall be restricted to the scope of this agreement.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IN ANY WAY SIGNIFIES YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO OUR TERMS. By agreeing to these In addition to this Terms, any other 'terms of service' of the application-programming interface ("API") with which Redbus may tie-up would form an integral part of this Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the "API Terms"). However, in the event of a conflict between such API Terms and this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail.
Both User and Website are individually referred as 'party' to the agreement and collective referred to as 'parties'.
- For the purpose of these Terms, wherever the context so requires "You" or "User" (would mean 'redBus user') shall mean any natural or legal person who has agreed to become a buyer and/or availer of Facility being offered on the Website.
- Redbus allows the User to surf the Website or make purchases without registering on the Website. The term "We", "Us", "Our" shall mean Website and/or its affiliates.
- Our Website:
Redbus wishes to clarify that it is only a online marketplace which merely connects the business to customers. In light of the foregoing, Redbus wishes to clarify the following:
- The Website is merely a marketplace, which merely lists the inventory of local operators who are registered with the Website, but does not own the product/services per se. Hence, the limited role of the Website is to connect the 'buyer'/You and the seller/service provider.
- In light of the foregoing, you agree that any liability in relation to the product being sold/services being offered on the Website in accordance with the applicable laws shall be that of the 'seller'/service provider and not the Website/Redbus. In case of any deficiency of products/services, You agree to pursue any such action arising from such deficiency of products/services against the 'seller'/service provider and not the Website/Redbus.
- You further agree and acknowledge that the Website is only a facilitator and is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transactions on the Website. Accordingly, the contract of sale of products/services on the Website shall be a strictly bipartite contract between you and the 'sellers' listed on the Website.
- You further agree and acknowledge that all the 'discounts/coupons (if any)' on the Website/prices at which the products are being sold by the 'seller' on the Website is merely an “invitation to an offer” in accordance with the applicable laws and shall not be construed to be an “offer” in accordance with the applicable laws. Hence, in light of the foregoing, when you agree to purchase any product of the 'seller' listed on the Website, that would be termed as a 'valid offer' under the applicable laws and after doing so it is upon the 'seller' to accept the said 'valid offer' or reject the 'valid offer'. In this regard, note that if the 'seller' accepts the said 'valid offer', only then would it tantamount to be a 'valid contract' as per the applicable laws.
- User Account:
Redbus may offer facility of opening user account on the Website by the End-User. This user account can be linked to the User's email-id or phone number or both. For use of the Website by User, either by registering an account with Redbus or using the Website as guest (unregistered user), the User agrees to the following:
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account when you use this Website by registering a account with Redbus.
- By using the Website, either as a guest user or registered user, You authorize Redbus and its agents to access third party sites, including that of banks and other payment gateways, designated by the bank or on the bank's behalf for retrieving requested information for processing of a customer generated transaction on the Website.
- In the event that You use the Website through a registered account, You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- In the event that You use the Website through a registered account, You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering.
- We will not be responsible for screening, censoring or otherwise controlling transactions, including whether the transaction is legal and valid as per the laws of the land of the User.
- You warrant that you will abide by all such additional procedures and guidelines, as modified from time to time, in connection with the use of Website. You shall also be liable to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding use of the Website with respect to the jurisdiction concerned for each transaction.
- Website may be used for personal and non-commercial purposes only. Therefore, You are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or Facility available on Website for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
- Redbus reserves the right to refuse access to Website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content at any time without notice if we have reasonable belief that your account is being used for unauthorized purposes.
- Membership Eligibility:
- Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under other applicable laws. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the applicable laws are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor, you shall not register as a User of the Website and shall not transact on or use the Website.
- As a minor if you wish to use or transact on Website, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents on the Website. We reserve the right to terminate your membership and/or refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is discovered that you are a minor or incompetent to contract according to the laws applicable to you.
- This Website may contain links to websites maintained by third parties ("External Sites"). These External Sites are provided for user's reference and convenience only. We do not operate, control or endorse in any respect such External Sites or their content. User assumes sole responsibility for use of these External Sites and are therefore, advised to examine the terms and conditions of those External Sites carefully.
- You must not link to this Website without obtaining the prior written approval of Redbus. Use of any automated screen capture or screen scraping technologies to obtain information from this Website without the prior written approval of Redbus is an infringement of our intellectual property rights.
- Usage Conduct:
- You acknowledge that you only have a limited right merely to use the Website and that you have no right to modify any part of the Website or reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, resell or access the Facility for any commercial purposes.
- You are also under an obligation to use this Website for reasonable and lawful purposes only, and shall not indulge in any activity that is not envisaged in these Terms. You shall use this Website, and any Facility purchased through it, for personal, non-commercial use only and shall not re-sell the same to any other person.
- You may not use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing the Redbus/Website or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the express written consent of Redbus / Website and / or its affiliates, as applicable.
You must not use the Website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offense or other unlawful activity; and
- to send, use or reuse any material that does not belong to you; or material that is illegal, offensive (including but not limited to material that is sexually explicit content or which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm), deceptive, misleading, abusive, indecent, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic or menacing; ethnically objectionable, disparaging or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidentiality, privacy or any other proprietary information or right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or relates to or promotes money laundering or gambling; or is harmful to minors in any way; or impersonates another person; or threatens the unity, integrity, security or sovereignty of Singapore or friendly relations with foreign States; or objectionable or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam” to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- When you use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, you agree and understand that you are communicating with us through electronic records and you consent to receive communications via electronic records from us periodically and as and when required.
- We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability:
- This Website, all the Facility, products/services (including but not limited to software) included on or otherwise made available to you through this Website are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing by Redbus or on the Website.
Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Website does not warrant that:
- Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
- Redbus will not be liable to you in any way or in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. The Website does not warrant that this Site; information, content, materials, product (including software) Facility or services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website; their servers; or electronic communication sent from us are free of viruses or other harmful components, despite our best efforts to prevent these incidents.
- You may be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order or transacting on the Website. By registering your phone number with us, you consent to be contacted by us for the purposes of the transaction on the Website.
- We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or sms.
For the purpose of booking bus tickets through the Website, we warrant that we shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Issuing a valid ticket (a ticket that will be accepted by the bus operator) for its' network of bus operators; and
- Providing customer support and information in case of any delays / inconvenience.
However, We DO NOT take any liability for the following:
- The bus operator's bus not departing/reaching on time;
- The bus operator's employees being rude;
- The bus operator's bus seats etc not being up to the customer's expectation;
- The bus operator canceling the trip due to unavoidable reasons as described in the following clauses;
- The baggage of the customer getting lost/stolen/damaged;
- The bus operator changing a customer's seat at the last minute to accommodate a lady / child;
- The customer waiting at the wrong boarding point (please call the bus operator to find out the exact boarding point if you are not a regular traveler on that particular bus);
- The bus operator changing the boarding point and/or using a pick-up vehicle at the boarding point to take customers to the bus departure point; and
- The bus used for the journey does not fit the description given to the User.
By the use of any of the payment method/s available on the Website by You, Redbus shall not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to you due to any of the following:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction/s; or
- Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and any "bank/s"; or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction; or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason/s.
Please note that:
- Transactions, transaction price and all commercial terms such as delivery, dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Buyer and bus operator/hotel and payment facility is merely used by the Buyer and bus operator/hotel to facilitate the completion of the transaction. Use of the payment Facility shall not render us liable or responsible for the non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, or fraud as regards the products and/or services listed on Website.
- You have specifically authorized the Website or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate and remit payments and/or the transaction price electronically. Your relationship with Website is on a principal to principal basis and by accepting these Terms you agree that Website is an independent contractor for all purposes, and does not have control of or liability for the products or services that are listed on the Website that are paid for by using the payment facility. Website does not guarantee the identity of any User nor does it ensure that a Buyer or a Seller will complete a transaction.
- You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided through any third party on the Website is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing payment facility Website is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price.
- Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Cancellation Policy
redBus will process the ticket cancellation request from customers as per the policy of the bus operator / service partner. The cancellation fee and the period will differ for each bus operator. Please refer the bus operator's cancellation policy.
- How does the customer cancel a ticket?
Please call on +65-31582888 for all cancellation related queries. Our customer support team will help you process the request as per the cancellation policy of the bus operator.
- Refund Policy
- Customer will be entitled to a 100% refund of ticket fare if the cancellation of the journey is attributable to either redBus or the bus operator. Customer will not be entitled to refund for cancellation of tickets for any other reasons.
- In the event of dishonor of ticket by the bus operator, a full refund of the ticket fare would be processed within 24 hours. The refund would be credited to the customer within 5 working days of the dishonor of ticket.
- Carriage Policy:
- You are responsible to make sure Your travelling date, time and destination are correct before booking/reserving the Facility or when you select to confirm your ticket purchase from the internet ticketing system. Please check our cancellation Policy available on the Website for details about cancellation and refunds.
- You are responsible to be on board the bus reasonably in advance before departure time. We are not liable if you fail to be on board the bus by the time the coach departs.
The bus operators reserve the right to refuse you and your luggage from carriage on the bus for whatsoever reason that we deem justified in reasons, including but not limited to:
- Carrying of contraband, illegal substances, fragile or oversize/overweight luggage, unruly behavior, drunkenness or any other behavior that we deem as affecting other passengers' comfort or safety.
- You are unable to produce valid-id while travelling.
- The payment of your fare is fraudulent;
- The booking of your seat has been done fraudulently or unlawfully or has been purchased from a person not authorized by us;
- The credit card by which you paid for the fare has been reported lost or stolen;
- The itinerary or booking or confirmation slip is counterfeit or fraudulently obtained;
- The itinerary has been altered by anyone other than us or our authorized agent, or has been mutilated (in which case we reserve the right to retain such documentation);
- You are unable to produce a valid and legible boarding ticket for the intended travel. The boarding ticket constitutes as the prima facie evidence of the contract of carriage between us and the boarding ticket holder;
- You are deemed medically unfit to travel and may pose a health threat to other passengers on board at the absolute discretion of Redbus;
- You fail to arrive on time to board before the time of departure or fail to board the coach by the time the bus departs.
- If the bus operator has refused to carry you or choose to remove you from carriage as per the reasons abovementioned, we reserve the right to cancel the unused ticket and you will not be entitled to further carriage or refund of fare. We will not be liable for the consequential or incidental loss, damage, cost, or fee you may incur with the refusal of carriage.
- Children below age twelve (12) will not be accepted for carriage unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- The bus operators reserve the right to reschedule, cancel, and/or delay any trips and substitute other buses for reasons deem necessary to do so.
- You are responsible to ensure that valid and necessary travel documents, including the relevant passports, valid visas and/or identification, are carried with you for the journey. If you are denied entry/exit, held up at the immigration for the country you are travelling to, from or over, we will not be held responsible for the mentioned and reserve the right to continue the journey. We are not responsible for the consequential or incidental loss, cost, and fee incurred by you as a result of this (see Visitors' Entry regarding further information on travel documents, regulations and requirements).
Redbus is not responsible for any delays at immigration checkpoints. It is the passenger's responsibility to bring along valid travel document and to comply with customs requirements.
- Intellectual Property Rights:
- Content included on the Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Website, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by Singapore and international copyright, authors' rights and database right laws.
- The compilation of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of Website and its affiliates and is protected by laws of Singapore and international copyright and database right laws. All software used on this Website is the property of Redbus, its affiliates or its software suppliers and is protected by Singapore and international copyright and author' rights laws.
- You may not systematically extract/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the Website without our express written consent. In particular, you may not utilize any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this Website, without Redbus's express written consent. You may also not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial (eg: prices and product listings) parts of the Website without Rebus's express written consent.
- Our Trademarks at various Jurisdictions and you cannot use the trademark for commercially exploiting your interests without our express permission. We reserve our right to initiate legal proceedings if we discover any infringement of our intellectual property rights.
- Grievance Officer:
In case of any consumer grievance, the End-User may contact Redbus on the email id provided below:
- Indemnity and Release:
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless Website, Redbus, its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party or penalty imposed due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms or any document incorporated by reference, or your violation of any law, rules, regulations or the rights of a third party.
- You hereby expressly release Website/Redbus or any of its affiliates or officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions/inactions of the vendors and specifically waiver any claims or demands that you may have in this behalf under any statute, contract or otherwise.
We will not be responsible for any loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) and any other indirect or consequential loss to You when You commenced using the Website.
- Governing law and Jurisdiction:
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. The courts in Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
- Suspension, Termination or Cancellation
Website may suspend, cancel or terminate your account registered with us, with or without prior notice, if we believe in good faith that you have breached any of these Terms or any other terms or policies referred to in these Terms.
redBus reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept, hold and/or cancel any reservation of bus tickets made by the User on the redBus website, redBus mobile website and redBus mobile apps, which is deemed to be fraudulent or suspicious by redBus.
redBus will endeavor to inform the User in the event of cancellation of reservation, owing to fraud or suspicious activity, to the best of its capacity, but shall not be liable for a failure to communicate such cancellation to the User.
- Amendment / Modification:
Redbus reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time with or without any further notice(s) by uploading the revised Terms on the Website and it is Your duty to keep yourself aware of the revisions to the Terms of the Website.
- Limitation Of Liability:
THE WEBSITE/REDBUS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS, SITE, FACILITY, TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, INABILITY TO USE THE FACILITY OR THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, OR THOSE RESULTING FROM ANY FACILITY PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE WEBSITE, BEYOND THE VALUE OF THE LAST TRANSACTION CARRIED OUT BY THE END-USER THROUGH THE SITE.
- The Parties acknowledge and accept that electronic format shall be deemed an acceptable means of communication for the purposes of these Terms.
- These Terms constitute the complete and entire agreement between the Parties on the subject of ‘terms of usage of the Website' (save and except the other policies and terms referred to in these Terms) and shall supersede any and all other prior understandings, commitments, representations or agreements, whether written or oral, between the Parties to these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms shall be found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or enforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- In no event will any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege, claim or remedy conferred by or arising under these Terms or by law, be deemed to be or construed as a waiver of that or any other right, so as to bar the enforcement of that, or any other right, power privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance at any time or times subsequently.
- Redbus wallet:
- Upon cancellation of previously booked bus tickets on the Website, in respect of the refund amount (post relevant deductions), User shall be accorded an option to either (a) withdraw such amount to the User's bank account/credit card or other mode originally used for payment towards the transaction; or (b) retain such amount in its Redbus registered account for ease of future bus ticket bookings on the Website ( "Your cash ").
- Your Cash in the User’s Redbus registered account may be used by the User for making bus ticket bookings on the Website only. Your Cash shall have no usage restrictions and it shall have unlimited validity.
- Redbus may, at its sole discretion, offer promotions for benefit of its Users and provide non-transferable promotional points ("Offer cash") to the credit of Users reflecting in their Redbus registered account.
- User agrees that usage of Offer Cash may be subject to specific terms and conditions of promotional offer(s), as may be notified by Redbus from time to time.
- Except as otherwise provided, benefits of Offer Cash shall be applicable only on the base fare (excluding all applicable taxes and charges) for bus ticket booking(s) made on the Website and may be availed to the extent of certain % value, determined as per the sole discretion of RedBus, of the said base fare of the bus ticket booking(s) made on the Website.
- In case, User fails to enter requisite details for availing Offer Cash, the User shall not be entitled to any benefit of such Offer Cash. Offer Cash credited to Redbus registered account of User are non- encashable and non- transferable.
- The Offer Cash once availed are exhausted and in case of cancellation of the relevant bus ticket booking shall not be credited back to Redbus registered account of the User.
- The Offer Cash have limited validity from the date of their credit to the Redbus registered account of a User, post which such Offer Cash may lapse and its benefits shall not be available for the User.
- These terms pertaining to usage and applicability of Offer Cash and Your Cash are subject to change at the discretion of Redbus without any communication or notification to Users.